An exclusive interview with Mr. Hamidi , Managing Director of CHAHARMAHAL AUTOMOTIVE SHEET Company
-Thank you for the interview. First of all let’s talk about you as a successful manager.
-I am Fereidoon Hamidi a M.S. in Chief Executive Managing and graduated in Industrial Engineering. I have about twenty-six years of experience in the country industry. I’ve worked in the Petroleum Engineering Department of the Oil Ministry for ten years. I have been Managing Director in different companies in private sector, and implemented construction projects of producing factories for about 6 years. I have started working as Managing Director Consultant of SAIPA Group and as the Managing Director & Project Implementer of SAIPA Press for the last ten years. I have subsequently been appointed to the position of managing director of vehicle sheet. In the meantime I’ve been a board member of various industrial companies and firms, including SAIPA ring, large industrial lockers companies and Ferrochrome.
_What is the reason of the establishment of Chahar Mohal vehicle sheet factory? Could you, please tell us about the amount of investment of the company, country (ies) manufacturing the equipments used in the factory?
– The purpose of establishing the vehicle sheet factory has been providing a part of the country needs and especially auto industry to the important material of galvanized steel that unfortunately has been provided from abroad during the past years with very large amounts of money spent every year. Companies such as; Iran Khodro & SAIPA have used about 500,000 tons of special sheets. By constructing this factory, we will be able to provide some great part of this costly and expensive domestically. However we can help the domestic industry to meet the need to foreign purchase. Moreover an attempt can be made on export affairs. These factory equipments are of the most modern ones in the world and there are only eight similar factories of this kind in the world. This factory is exclusive in the Middle East. These equipments have been purchased from CMI, a Belgian Factory.
-Please explain the industrial complex objectives, production capacity and nominal capacity of the factory.
-The Objectives of this factory were mentioned in your previous question, but I have the factory capacity to 400,000 tons of nominal capacity which has been planned to reach as soon as possible. In 1391, the first year of operation, over 65% of this capacity is expected to be realized.
– How do you evaluate the presence of products in both domestic and foreign markets?
The company’s products are presented in both domestic & foreign markets in such a way that, our performance over the past 8 to 9 months, has shown that customers do not tend to buy anymore from other places. This perspective will definitely be highlighted by raising the technical and quality abilities.
_ What goals do you have for an active presence in international markets?
– We believe that an industry needs to be known as a reputable and reliable brand to survive in the international arena to be able to manage the challenges ahead, so that the company does not suffer from the surrounding crisis. Obviously, with a strong presence in both international and domestic markets, the company will ensure sales, and will guarantee its survival.
_Would you please, tell us about the factory sensitivity to quality and quality control tools?
– The plant is designed in such a way that very precise equipment and advanced automation of production lines prevent the least mistakes and wrongdoing. Consequently, we present a steady, even product quality and we are able to offer products with the highest specifications and quality to the market.
_ Can customers witness even higher quality in the future?
_Definitely, because the higher grades and bases of our sheets we can reach in research projects with Mobarekeh Steel Complex, we will be able to attain higher quality.
_How do you feel, you managed to reach your objectives in desirable quality promotion and attending both domestic & international markets in a short time, and what actions have you taken yet?
– Although we have achieved tremendous success in a short time, and the role of all employees from managers to workers in the success has had a great influence on the production lines. However we appreciate the existing team, we have reminded them that they should not be proud of the success achieved and to put longer wishes into their center of attention in order not to think that they have come to the end of the line as they succeed at this stage. They must be comfortable but should make a tireless attempt to get longer wishes with high ambition. They have to seek more success to attain better results.
-Don’t you think your product package isn’t as decent as other competitors’ at the moment?
– We have done several projects on the company products and goods and we are expecting our costumers’ feedback. We are always ready to listen to them if we are wrong, and to think about the job promotion day by day and it’s important to manage it properly. Of course we have periodic surveys of our customers to provide our pathologic results.
-Tell us about the development plans and future goals of the industrial complex.
– The company is interested in developing a plan to implement its lines, but now because of liquidity problems and other concerns, not any practical decision has taken, yet.
-At the end, thank you for the time and give us any suggestions, tips or guidelines for the company and its contacts, please.
– I have no particular opinion, but I deeply believe that in the current conditions only value-added production and services can bring safety and independence for our country. We all have a role in this important effort, and we all cannot spare any effort.